For over 90 years, the Junior League of San Diego has promoted voluntarism, developed the potential of women, and improved the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. In line with our mission, we are honored to once again acknowledge outstanding members of our community for their work towards positive change in our community and/or who have demonstrated our core values as extraordinary volunteers within our community, through the JLSD Spirit of Community Awards.
The Spirit of the Community Award recipients will receive their award at the JLSD Annual Gala.
Past award recipients include:
– Poppy Fitch Ed.D. (2018)
– Vanessa Arteaga, LMFT (2018)
– Toni Atkins, California Senator, District 39 (2017)
– Darrick Hodges, San Diego Youth Services, social worker, founding member of Brand of Brothers and Journeymen (2017)
– Ann Hill, Philanthropic Consultant and Community Volunteer (2017)
– Summer Stephan, San Diego County District Attorney (2016)
– Jeanette Day, Just in Time for Foster Youth Co-Founder (2016)
– Kathryn Vaughn, Just in Time for Foster Youth Co-Founder (2016)