Transition Age Foster Youth Mentorship Program
Junior League of San Diego matches highly committed JLSD members with transition age foster youth on a 1:1 ratio. Group events are also held with all mentor/mentee teams, and individual connections and relationships are formed between mentors and mentees to assist TAY with their transition to independent adult life.
Welcome to the 2016-2017 Junior League of San Diego Mentorship Application. In order to assist and empower San Diego’s transition age foster youth, the Junior League is providing a mentorship program that will offer fun and relevant independent living skills workshops, job-obtaining assistance, and lots of great social opportunities! We are looking forward to mentoring transition age foster youth interested in assistance advancing their education and careers while having a lot of fun!
The Mentorship Program Will Provide:
- Comprehensive mentor/mentee matching process based on common interests and career goals.
- Commitment of two one-on-one meetings per month, weekly communication, plus additional mentor/mentee group activities.
- Fun, interactive independent living skills workshops on topics such as budgeting, nutrition, budget-conscious cooking, and modern etiquette for the 21st-century young adult.
- Job-hunting/resume-building/career-planning workshops culminating in a salon “Day of Beauty” to learn how to style for success!
- Reasonable transportation for mentee as-needed for appointments, grocery shopping, and other important meetings.
Click here to begin the online application.
Click here to download the printable version of the application.
Click here to download the Mentorship Program Waiver. This waiver must be submitted to complete the application.
Online applications must be submitted by July 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
If submitted by mail, applications must be postmarked by July 15, 2016 and sent to:
Junior League of San Diego
210 Maple Street
San Diego, CA 92103
No late applications will be accepted for any reason and all applications must be complete to be accepted.
For questions and inquiries, email email@example.com.