2017-2018 Provisional Recruitment Sessions
Come learn more about how to join JLSD. Unless otherwise stated, all events start at 6:00 pm located at the JLSD House: 210 Maple Street, San Diego, CA, 92103.
Due to space limitations each event is limited to 70 people. If you are unable to register for one of the dates below, please join our wait list here.
Please click below to register and attend:
We are women dedicated to improving our community. We come from varying backgrounds and interests and share a commitment to volunteerism. We are women building better communities.
JLSD reaches out to women of all races, religions, and national origins. JLSD welcomes any woman, 21 years of age or older. All that is required is an interest in volunteering and developing the potential of women!
What are the benefits of membership?
As a member you will:
- Be empowered to improve our community through organized and effective teamwork
- Develop leadership skills through formal and experiential training
- Build lasting friendships
- Share talents with a network of interested women
- Become a part of an international association of nearly 200,000 women
- To help you in planning, the 2017-2018 applications will open on May 1st, 2017. Our league year begins July 1st. You can expect to begin meeting with your provisional class in August and graduate in May.
If you have questions about the application or general admission questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!
Transferring to JLSD
If you are a current Junior League member moving to San Diego, we welcome you to join JLSD to meet women interested in serving the community. It is also a great way to get to know your new home!
Before you can become an official member of JLSD and be placed on a committee, please follow these simple steps to ensure a smooth transfer process. This process may take up to 90 days, so we ask for your patience while our volunteers process your transfer request.
- Contact your current Junior League to make an official transfer request. This must be done first as JLSD cannot accept you as a member until the transfer process has been initiated from your existing league. Reach out to the Membership council of your current league to ask for more details as each process may differ slightly from league to league.
- Once your current league submits the transfer into the AJLI database, your transfer information will automatically be sent to JLSD. We will reach out to you to coordinate payment of dues, if applicable, and other important housekeeping items. If you are transferring prior to January 1 of the current league year, you will owe partial dues. If you are transferring after January 1 of the current league year, no dues will be owed.
- After your dues have been received and processed, you will be placed on a committee and introduced to your new committee chair. Depending on availability, you may be given an opportunity to select from a couple open placements for which best suits your interests. If a particular committee needs assistance, you may be placed there to help with the current projects as needed.
If the above information did not answer your questions, please email email@example.com.
Are you thinking about reinstating your Junior League of San Diego membership? If so, we would love to have you back! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Reinstatement requires a vote by the Board of Directors, and payment of prorated current year’s dues. If you have received notification that the Board of Directors has voted to approve your reinstatement please click here.