Topic 1: HOUSING
Identify opportunities and/or programs supporting stable housing and transitional housing for TAY.
- How might we more effectively communicate available (and, in the case of mental health or other specific needs, appropriate) housing resources to youth in need?
- Where can we improve training and education so that youth are better prepared for navigating the process of securing housing, including working with leasing agents and related paperwork?
- Evaluating a Transitional Living Program for Homeless, Former Foster Care Youth
- Homelessness During the Transition from Foster Care to Adulthood
- Sliding into Homelessness: A Student Essay
Topic 2: WELLNESS
In addition to pregnancy prevention (family planning) efforts, identify what is working to educate and prepare TAY for healthy pregnancy, parenting, and self-care.
- How can we better support youth through healthy pregnancy and preparing for parenthood?
- Which efforts would best assist youth in breaking cycles of youth pregnancy, including developing healthy self-care habits, healthy parenting, and healthy relationship building?
- Pregnancy Rates Among Juvenile Justice Girls
- Pregnancy Risk of Older Youth Transitioning Out of Foster Care
- The Risk of Teenage Pregnancy Among Transitioning Foster Youth
Topic 3: CSEC (Education/Prevention)
Identify programs and approaches to assist TAY in recognizing risk/red-flags of unhealthy relationships and victimization and how to recognize, form, and maintain healthy relationships.
- How can we more effectively communicate and support youth in understanding what a healthy relationship looks like?
- Which methods will best deliver education and risk prevention messages and resources for support to youth?