Our Mission, Vision and Values
What We Believe...
The Junior League of San Diego, Inc, is part of an international organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment Statement
The Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities.
To be the finest volunteer organization for women in San Diego by offering a unique combination of volunteer, social, and training opportunities.
The Junior League's community programs will support San Diego's transitional-age foster youth as they make the critical move into independent adult life.
Our Core Values:
- Community — To serve and improve our community in critical areas
- Friendship — To offer an environment that promotes social interaction for the creation of lasting friendships
- Training — To develop women as leaders
- Service — To maintain an excellent standard of service to all stakeholders
The Junior League of San Diego deeply values building a better San Diego by developing community partnerships and providing women with opportunities for personal growth in an environment that promotes the establishment of lifelong friendships.
Accordingly, our policies and practices are built on:
- Dedication to assisting every member in reaching her full potential in training, leadership, and innovation.
- Commitment to the history and legacy of Junior League volunteers in San Diego, throughout the United States, and internationally.
- Assurance that our organizational structure and culture promote member involvement, open communication, teamwork, and cooperation.